Anipen Service Copyright & use Policy
ANIPEN, Inc.’s (hereinafter “ANIPEN”) Copyright and Operation Policy (hereinafter “this Policy”) herein provides standard and details to be followed by users and the procedure for the exercise of rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). In responding to situations that can occur during the service and for protection of copyright-holders’ rights in the operation of all web and app services provided by ANIPEN (hereinafter “ANIPEN Service”), these standards are to be followed in a consistent manner. ANIPEN may revise this Policy for improvement thereof, shall give a notice 7 days in advance for any policy revisions.
Article 1. Users’ Rights
If a user suffers damage due to other users’ violation of Anipen’s operational policy in the course of using Anipen’s services, such a user may report such violation to Anipen and request for the application of Anipen’s operational policy, and Anipen may check the details of such a report and take a measure for punishing such violation in accordance with its operational policy.
Article 2 Users’ Obligations
A user of the ANIPEN Service shall not commit an act violating applicable laws or interfering with the ANIPEN Service system or another user’s normal use of the ANIPEN Service. An act prohibited by the Terms of Service or this Policy may result in temporary or permanent restriction on the use of the ANIPEN Service. When any person creates an ANIPEN account and becomes a member (membership subscription), all information provided by such person shall be true information based on facts. Any member having registered false information or another person’s information may not make claims under his or her ANIPEN Service contract and any rights thereunder.
Acts resulting in restriction on the use of ANIPEN Service
- Illegal acts (e.g., speculative or gambling act, aiding and abetting an illegal act, stealing personal information, and infringement on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark)
- Obscenity (pornography), acts harmful to the youth (adolescents)
- Promote discrimination or conflict, flooding, advertisement, PR, and spams
- Transaction on, assignment of, acting as agent for, and exchange of, an account
- Abnormal account creation, repeated subscriptions, or withdrawals
- Use of taboo words (e.g., profanity, dirty or coarse language, and slang)
- Abnormal acts contradicting common sense and social norms
Article 3 Types of Limitations on Use
Depending on the extent of the violation of the Terms of Service or this Policy, a posting restriction that makes it impossible to read or write postings, temporary or permanent restriction on the use of ANIPEN Service or its functions, temporary or permanent restriction on the account, and for certain ANIPEN Services, restriction on re-subscription after withdrawal from such ANIPEN Service, may be imposed.
Article 4 Respect of Any Third Party’s Rights
Just as ANIPEN respects another person’s intellectual property rights (“IPR”) and ANIPEN Service enjoys IPR protection, users of ANIPEN Service shall protect the IPRs of other people or companies. Acts infringing on a third party’s rights shall not be permitted. ANIPEN shall have the authority to decide whether infringement on another person’s IPRs such as copyright, obscene or pornographic material, excess in file size, or any similar matter is a violation of the Terms of Service or this Policy. ANIPEN, at its sole discretion, may remove such content, or suspend such user account, if it deems that it infringes on another person’s IPRs or violates the Terms of Service or this Policy.
Article 5 Procedure for Allegation of Copyright Infringement
A user who discovers infringement or abuse of another person’s right such as copyright or IPR in the ANIPEN Service shall quickly submit a copyright infringement report containing the following information to ANIPEN. You may be liable for the damage arising from the temporary suspension of postings and request for re-posting, which are made without being authorized, in accordance with Article 103, Paragraph 6 of the Copyright Act. You are asked to make a discreet request.
Information necessary for reporting copyright infringement
- Types of problems (inappropriate services, such as exposure/violence, infringement of right of likeness, abuse/defamation/harassment, personal information infringement, trademark infringement, technological detour such as key creator, other legal issues)
- Victims of rights infringement (victim, victim’s company/organization or client, copyright holder or agent)
- Qualification/rights of persons/entities making a report
- Acknowledgement of liability for the accuracy of report details and false statements and physical or electronic signature
- Addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail accounts of persons/entities making a report
- Location where content/materials infringing on certain rights can be identified
Procedure for responding to copyright infringement report
- Receiving a report of the violation of Anipen’s policies
- Anipen’s check on the report details
- Handling and giving notifications on postings subject to report (persons/entities making a report/posting)
- Receiving an explanation from persons/entities making a posting, such as reposting
- Anipen’s re-posting and check on the explanation details
- If both parties (persons/entities making a report/posting) do not accept Anipen’s decision not to post or to re-post, they shall resolve any dispute themselves.
Article 6 Contact Points for Copyright Infringement Report
You may report copyright infringement by e-mail, post or telephone.
Article 7 Miscellaneous
Matters not provided for in this Policy shall be governed by the operation policies, if any, for individual ANIPEN Services.