Anipen Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “Company”) complies with relevant statutes that information communication service providers are required to follow, such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc, (hereinafter “Information and Communications Network Act”) and the Personal Information Protection Act, in collecting/using personal information to provide all of the Company’s services for users (hereinafter “Anipen Services,”). In addition, the Company shall use users’ personal information for the purposes regarding which users’ approval is granted, and shall not provide such personal information for any third party without users’ consent.
However, the Company may disclose users’ personal information if such disclosure is required by laws, permitted by users upon the filing of an application for such disclosure, or demanded by public institutions, such as courts or police stations.
As the Company’s Personal Information Handling Policy may be changed, subject to changes in laws or guidelines or the Company’s internal policies, such changes are announced via the Company’s homepage or the Personal Information Handling Policy within services to inform users.
Article 1. Personal Information Items Collected or Used
The Company divides the information required for the rendering of Anipen’s Services into mandatory/optional information for the following purposes and collects such information after obtaining users’ consent.
The information collected for the following purpose is collected either automatically in the course of using those services and participating in events/marketing or in a way that users manually enter their information.
Signing up for membership (mandatory)
- Anipen Account: e-mail address (ID), password, nickname
- Facebook: Name, nickname, e-mail address
- Line: Name, nickname, e-mail address
- Google: Name, nickname, e-mail address
Events and marketing
- Participating in events (optional): e-mail address, cellphone no. SNS ID
- Delivery of gifts (mandatory): Name, cellphone no., address
- Levying of all taxes and public imposts (mandatory): Name, resident registration no., address, bank account no., bank name, the name of the account holder
- Guide to new services and newsletter (optional): E-mail address, cellphone no. SNS ID
- Identification of and contact with users (mandatory): E-mail address, contact no (cellphone no. general phone no.)
- Checking the details of customer consulting (optional): E-mail address, name, nickname, other information required for consulting
Payment (mandatory-collected information may vary depending on payment methods)
- Credit card: credit card company’s name, card no., valid period, CVC no.
- Cellphone: cellphone no, the mobile carrier’s name
- Funds transfer: Bank name, account no.
- Transfer without a bank account: Bank name, the sender’s name, cash receipt information, general phone no., payment phone no.
Cancellation or refund (mandatory)
Bank name, account no. account holder
- To verify payment status, you may be required to submit a credit card statement, a bank slip for funds transfer without a sender’s bank account, a family relationship registration certificate, and a mobile phone subscription certificate.
- Bank name, account no. account holder
- Payment (mandatory-collected information may vary depending on payment methods)
- We collect information about your activity and the messages you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a message, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot). We may collect that same basic information when you use ribbons, along with the dollar amounts sent and received.
- We collect information about your device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (including MAC address and IMEI), browser type and language, mobile device phone number, and mobile network information. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services. So, for example, if we detect a crash or other problematic event, we may collect the list of apps on your device and other information about your device’s performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
Camera and Photos.
- Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll access your camera and photos only after you give us your consent.
- When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Our apps may use face recognition technology to recognize faces in photos, videos and camera experiences. We may detect and use facial marks to provide face recognition contents and facial manipulation features. Specifically, we may use information to provide users with more suitable contents and to apply makeup, filters on the appropriate position. The information we collect cannot be used for identifying a specific person, and is used to provide the mentioned features only. When the content recommendation is finished, the facial mark information is discarded. This information is not shared with any third parties.
Use of Information from Apple's TrueDepth API.
- Our apps may use Apple's TrueDepth camera to collect additional information from your device's camera in order to deliver and improve features provided by the apps(such as photo, video, effects, and more). However, this information is processed in real time for delivering and improving these features only. This information is not shared with any third parties.
Article 2 Purposes of Using Personal Information Collected
- Performance of a contract on the rendering of services and payment of fees for the rendering of services
- Creating Anipen accounts and providing membership-based services for users using Anipen’s Services as members
- Verifying whether the legal representative of a minor under 14 years of age agrees to the collection of the minor’s personal information, and later verifying the identity of the legal representative
- Retaining records for the arbitration of disputes, handling complaints, delivering notices, and checking members’ intention to withdraw their membership
- Developing new services and providing customized services, providing services and posting ads in a way that suits statistical characteristics, verifying the validity of services, and providing the information on events and the opportunity to participate.
- Providing the information on ads, verifying access frequency, and obtaining statistics on the use of membership services
Article 3 Periods of Retaining and Using Personal Information
The Company shall continue to retain users’ personal information during the period of their use, and use such information for the rendering of its services.
In principle, the Company shall destroy users’ personal information when they withdraw from membership.
Users may delete their personal information by themselves or if they request the Company to terminate their membership, such users’ personal information shall be destroyed. The personal information which is collected for temporary purposes (questionnaire surveys, events or self-authentication) shall be destroyed if such purposes have been fulfilled.
Users who have no records of use for one year after their last log-in may terminate a user agreement and take a necessary measure, such as destruction of their personal information, in order to protect their personal information in accordance with relevant statutes. In such a case, the Company shall notify users of the fact that a necessary measure shall be taken prior to 30 days, the expiration date of the retention period of personal information, and personal information items. If users wish to continue using Anipen’s services, such users shall log in to the services within one year after their last log-in.
However, the following cases are exceptions to the above provision. The following information shall be retained for each period specified by “grounds for retention,” and statutes.
- Item collected: records on contracts and withdrawal of offersRelevant statute: Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc. Retention period: five years
- Item collected: records on payments and supply of goods and othersRelevant statute: Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc. Retention period: five years
- Item collected: records on handling customer complaints or disputes Relevant statute: Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc. Retention period: three years
- Item collected: records on marks and ads Relevant statute: Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc. Retention period: six months
- Item collected: records on visits Relevant statute: Protection of Communications Secrets Act Retention period: three months
- Item collected: records on electronic finance Relevant statute: Electronic Financial Transactions Act Retention period: five years
- Item collected: books and supporting documents on all transactions stipulated in tax-related laws Relevant statute: Framework Act on National Taxes Retention period: five years
Article 4 Outsourcing of Personal Information
The Company may outsource some personal information handling for the smooth provision of Anipen’s Services. If an outsourced company is added for delivery of products for events, the Company shall announce such a company via this Policy.
Article 5 Matters on Users’ Management (Access, Modification, Deletion) of Their Personal Information
Users or legal representatives may check or modify their personal information or the personal information of members under fourteen (14) years of age, which is registered at the Company, the internet or apps at any time or request for termination of their subscription (to Anipen’s Services).
To check or modify their personal information or the personal information of members under fourteen (14) years of age, other than their e-mail address (ID), users or legal representation may do so after logging in to Anipen’s Services with e-mail address (ID) or SNS account and password.
Article 6 Withdrawal of Consent to the Collection, Use and Provision of Personal Information
Users may, at any time, withdraw their consent to the collection, use, and provision of personal information, which they have granted in signing up for membership.
You may withdraw your consent on the Menu for Withdrawal of Membership within Anipen’s Services. Or if you contact the Company’s privacy officer by phone (+82-31-753-0121), or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Company shall take an immediate action, such as deletion of personal information.
Article 7 Procedure and Method for Destroying Personal Information
The Company shall immediately destroy users’ personal information if and when the purposes of collecting and using their personal information have been fulfilled or the period of retaining and using the information has lapsed. The information entered by users to create their member account (sign up for membership) shall be retained for a certain period of time in accordance with the Company’s internal guideline or due to events for protecting them under other related laws (Refer to Periods of Retaining and Using Personal Information), and then be destroyed.
The personal information shall not be used for any purpose other than the purpose of retaining the information, unless stipulated under laws.
Any personal information printed out on paper shall be destroyed by being shredded through shredders or burnt And any personal information stored in electronic files shall be deleted through technological methods that render such files unusable.
Article 8 Matters on Installation, Operation and Refusal of Cookies.
A cookie means
Method of making a setting for the rejection of cookies
- For Internet Explorer
Click ‘Tool Menu’ on the upper bar of the web browser > Internet Option menu>Personal Information tab > directly make a setting
- For Chrome
Click ‘Customize and Control’ icon on the right upper menu of a web browser > Select “Settings” > Click “Advanced” > Click the “Content settings” button under the “Privacy and security” section > Under the cookies section, make a more detailed setting.
- For Internet Explorer
Article 9 Matters on the Transmission of Advertisements
The Company shall not send advertisements for profitable purposes against users’ explicit objection to receive such advertisements. If users agree to receive advertisements via e-mail or apps, the Company shall make its name easy for users to notice in the e-mails or apps.
- Sender’s name:Anipen Co., Ltd. Or Anipen’s services
- sender’s e-mail address: email@example.com
- Address: 7F (PangyoTech-1, Baekhyeon-dong) ,131, Bundangnaegok-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
Article 10 Analysis of Records on Use of Services
The Company uses the software for analyzing users to provide suitable and more useful services for users.
The software is used to analyze the information that is automatically created when users use mobile services, and users may reject the use of the software.
Article 11 Measures to Protect Personal Information
The Company seeks technological and administrative measures to ensure that users’ personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, forged or damaged. Member account’s password is one-way encrypted, stored and managed in an encrypted condition. Users shall not let their passwords be known to others and are recommended to log out of services when completing using the services. The Company shall not be liable for any problem which arises from the leakage of users’ ID or passwords due to their carelessness or any problem on the Internet. The Company shall do its best to prevent users’ personal information from being leaked or damaged due to data breaches or computer viruses. The Company prevents users’ personal information or materials from being leaked or damaged by frequently backing up such materials or using the latest anti-virus programs, and ensures that such information is securely transmitted through networks via encrypted communications. The Company controls unauthorized access from the outside by using an intrusion blocking system, and makes efforts to be equipped with all possible technological devices to have systemic security. The Company limits handling users’ personal information to the privacy officer and grants a separate password to the officer and regularly updates the password. The Company always emphasizes the compliance with the Personal Information Handling Policy by conducting frequent training for the officer.
- The Company seeks technological and administrative measures to ensure that users’ personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, forged or damaged.
- Member account’s password is one-way encrypted, stored and managed in an encrypted condition. Users shall not let their passwords be known to others and are recommended to log out of services when completing using the services. The Company shall not be liable for any problem which arises from the leakage of users’ ID or passwords due to their carelessness or any problem on the Internet.
- The Company shall do its best to prevent users’ personal information from being leaked or damaged due to data breaches or computer viruses.
- The Company prevents users’ personal information or materials from being leaked or damaged by frequently backing up such materials or using the latest anti-virus programs, and ensures that such information is securely transmitted through networks via encrypted communications.
- The Company controls unauthorized access from the outside by using an intrusion blocking system, and makes efforts to be equipped with all possible technological devices to have systemic security.
- The Company limits handling users’ personal information to the privacy officer and grants a separate password to the officer and regularly updates the password.
- The Company always emphasizes the compliance with the Personal Information Handling Policy by conducting frequent training for the officer.
Article 12 Privacy Officer
The Company designates the privacy officer to swiftly deal with privacy-related complaints which arise from users’ use of Anipen’s Services.
- Privacy Officer
- Name: Hyeonho Chang
- Position: Senior Managing Director
- Fax: +82-31-261-0058
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can inquire to the institutions below if you need to report or need consulting on other privacy infringement:
- Privacy Infringement Report Center (privacy.kisa.or.kr/118 without national code)
- Prosecutor’s Office, Forensic Science Investigation Department (www.spo.go.kr / +82-2-3480-3600, 1301 without national code)
- National Policy Agency, Cyber Terror Response Center (www.ctrc.go.kr / +82-2-392-0330)
Article 13. Amendment and Notification
The Company shall announce the amendment of this Policy via notices within Anipen’s Services or by sending individual users e-mails at least seven (7) days prior to when such amended policy takes effect.
However, if such amendment affects users’ rights materially, it shall be announced thirty (30) days.
< Addendum> The policy shall take effect on March 20, 2020.